Content writing is something every business owner should know. It’s writing with a purpose, a way to reach new audiences, and using it will grow your business.
Launching a company blog and investing in content curation is a surefire way to gain traffic. But how?
By providing value to your audience, of course.
Over time, this offered value results in business growth. Read on to find out everything you should know about content writing as a business owner.
Content Writing as a Business Owner
You might have a blog for your business already; you might not. Whether you do or you don’t, you should know what goes into writing quality content.
Content fuels the world and everyone consumes it daily. And the majority of digital content?
You’ll find it on company blogs.
Most business owners focus on reading rather than content writing. However, this isn’t to say that an entrepeneur can’t write content.
Regardless of such, what makes this creative, informative, authoritative writing so important?
For starters, B2B companies with blogs generate 67% more leads every month. What would you do with 67% more leads?
Blogs take information to the next level. These articles are sharable valuable content created for your audience.
The writing is in an easy-to-read and engaging format as well, keeping visitors on your site longer.
Defining Content Writing
Simply put, this kind of writing is highly focused on creating text with a purpose.
As the digital world expands, the market’s demand for digital content writing grows as well. There’s a seemingly endless supply of writing tasks to be fulfilled by content writers. And regardless of the topic, most professional content writers are happy to oblige.
Digital writing is the foundation on which entrepreneurs build their content marketing campaigns. This form of content promotes engagement while demanding eyes.
Ultimately, how you’ll use your digital content is up to you. But that’s not why you came here.
You want to know why having written content is so valuable to your businesses.
We get it. The nitty-gritty doesn’t concern you.
You want to know the secret behind the enticing results of content marketing.
Well, content marketing is the tool many entrepreneurs use to reach the masses. It allows them to give something to their audiences in return for something else. Whether that’s attention, an email, trust, or something else, content marketing is a method for achieving business goals.
You’re providing value with the information you give your audience. And if you want, you’ll receive more leads in exchange for that value.
Businesses with websites containing between 401 and 1,000 web pages receive six times as many leads as businesses with 51 to 100 pages. Thanks for that statistic, HubSpot!
It’s simple. More articles result in more leads.
The more value you provide, the more appealing you become to your online audience. You become an authority in your niche with targeted content writing.
When Google views you as an authority in your niche, your content rises in the search engine rankings. And this translates to more web traffic and more trust.
Growing a Business with Content Writing
Content writing will grow your business. Audiences appreciate various forms of content writing. The key here is to provide value through the content.
With written content in mind, focusing on a few different styles can attract new customers. Each content form can achieve something incredible.
The following are some of the content writing styles you can use to grow your business:
Blog articles focus on any topic relating to your business.
Ideally, the articles should focus on topics to provide value to your audience. In turn, this value will mold your reputation as an authority.
Becoming an authority in your niche is essential both to consumers and Google. Consumers need to see your business as an authority so they can trust it. But it’s even better when Google views your company as an authority.
The result? Your site has a better chance of ranking for keywords you’re targeting.
All in all, the right focus for your business’s blog articles will go a long way in growing your business.
Guest Post Content Writing
Writing a guest post for another site is a great way to grow your business. These posts are how you’ll get traffic from other sites.
When you craft a guest post, you’re providing value to the audience on a high-traffic site.
Placing a backlink pointing back at your site will result in new user visits. But you can also gain some authority if the other site is an authority in your niche.
Writing an ebook might sound like a lot of work. However, it’s a fantastic way to promote lead generation.
Ebooks are lead magnets and motivate customers to take some action.
You might want new visitors to provide an email address or sign up for a free trial. Whatever your goal is, you’ll find an ebook properly motivates people to do what you want them to do.
The best aspect of ebooks is how much value they provide in a scalable way. You pay for an ebook once, and you have a lead generation tool for life.
How to Boost Engagement with Content Writing
According to Forbes, engagement brings forth brand familiarity and loyalty and enhances a business’s visibility.
Content writing gives readers content they can engage. Great writing will help your company build a brand community. As more people begin trusting your business, this drives purchases in the future.
When users engage with your content writing, it becomes more visible. As a result, more people find your content as it gains attention and sparks conversations.
The visibility advantage is why a primary goal of quality content writing is to boost engagement.
Effective content results in more engagement. More engagement means more eyes on your content. And those eyes become paying customers.
Forbes touches upon several ways to boost engagement. Some are better than others, but they’re all effective methods.
These are some of Forbe’s strategies for encouraging content engagement:
- Controversial writing. As a content writer, stirring up controversy can be a good thing. You don’t want to offend people. Instead, find some topics with multiple sides of an argument. Take one side in your writing and encourage people to give their opinions. The push you give should strike up a conversation, pushing people to discuss the issue. Thus, driving your post’s engagement through the roof.
- Shocking content writing. Surprising people with content writing works to gain engagement. A remarkable post is more visible and attracts attention. Extraordinary posts compel readers to “like” and share them. These posts have the chance to go viral as well. The viral nature of a blog post is, of course, because people like to spread surprising content writing.
- Requesting audience opinions. When you ask your audience a question, it welcomes engagement with open arms. A lot of effective blog articles ask for audience opinion at the end. Other blog articles start out with a question. These questions are debatable. They should focus on something that will produce strong feelings among your readers. When readers are passionate about an issue, they’re more likely to engage with it.
- Reward your audience for reading your content writing. Providing some incentive shows readers how much you appreciate their engagement. You’ll choose the reward, and it doesn’t have to be complicated. It’s as simple as making a post on your business’s social media account to thank a specific reader for sharing your content writing.
- Boosting engagement is important when you invest in content writing. Engaging with an audience is a significant part of any content strategy. While you might not see instant results, you will see positive boosts in engagement over time.
Content Writing as a Crucial Part of Content Marketing
While content writing is a lot of work, it’s worth the investment. The right content writing strategy will bring new visitors to your site. An effective content writer will grow any business.
Quality written content provides your audience with value and increases engagement. It expands upon your business’s visibility, and growth is inevitable.
Have your content writing focus on creating value for your readers, and the rest will come in time.
Have a startup? Running a business? Drive traffic to your site, boost SEO efforts, and establish the authority your business deserves with No Strings Content.
Every month, we successfully create and implement content strategies on behalf of our clients, and we’ll do the same for you. Book your free consultation and receive a free content marketing strategy for your business – no strings attached.